21 useful datalogging activities support the core Chemistry curriculum for ages 11-14.
This eBook, supplied on CD-ROM, contains:
- The full eBook (PDF) of all the experiment worksheets and teachers notes.
- Every worksheet and teacher note as a separate PDF
- Setup files to match these experiments are included in the Free EasySense software.
The range of practical activities are:
- How hot can water get?
- Measuring pH values
- What is the pH value of water?
- Comparing the effectiveness of antacids
- A chemical reaction using 2 chemicals found in the home
- What happens when an alkali is mixed with an acid?
- What happens to pH when sodium hydroxide is added to hydrochloric acid?
- Burning a fossil fuel
- Hot and cold reactions
- Does mass change in a chemical reaction?
- Using mass loss to see how quickly a reaction takes place
- Rate of reaction: Marble chips and hydrochloric acid
- What happens when salt dissolves in water?
- Heat of vaporization of a liquid
- Hydrogen bonding, identifying through evaporation
- Citrus power
- What happens to the mass as a fuel is burnt?
- Good and bad conductors
The sensors used include:
- pH sensor (3125PK)
- Temperature (3100)
- Current (3165 or 3166)
- Voltage (3160 or 3160-12)
- Drop Bubble Counter (3266)
- Oxygen sensor (3130PK)
- Humidity (3145)
- Top-pan Balance and Adaptor (3060 or 3065)
No resources available for this product.