This exciting addition to the Vu data logger gives a low cost complete solution to allow students to study time, speed and the effect of friction.
For use with Vu & Vu+. The logger LCD screen and the PC can show time and speed results.
The whole class can be involved in active and engaging practical experiments.
- A 1 m high simple adjustable ramp with four height adjustment positions
- Four slope surfaces with different levels of friction.
- A car that has space for weights (not supplied).
- 2 magnet proximity switches which fit into two holes in the ramp and will connect to a Vu or Vu+ data logger
- A magnet which is attached to the underside of the cart using the sticky pads supplied.
The Switches will detect the magnet / car as it travels down the ramp. This change can be used to record:
- The Time the car took to travel from switch A to B
- Its Speed between A and B (by entering the distance from switch A to switch B)
- Acceleration between A and B (by entering the length of the magnet)
Each switch has a lead approximately 90 cm long with a plug at one end and the magnetic proximity switch at the other end.
1x 4 Position Slope Stand
4x Different Surfaces
1x Wooden Car
2x Magnetic Proximity Switches & Magnet
|Downloads||Switch Kit for Timing Ramp|
Doc No.: DS108 | Issue: 2
Vu Primary Data Logger - ASE Evaluated
If you have not yet invested in a set of data loggers then the EasySense Vu offers a good solution. The ASE